Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Message from No Bread and Circuses for You

Hi from NoBC4U,

I very much appreciate all of your visits to my blog. I started no Bread and Circuses for You only about four months ago, and it's already getting, on numerous days, over 800 visits. This is phenomenal! Thank you!

Although it may seem like it most days, I never intended this blog to be mostly about Ukraine and Russia. My goal was to cover all sorts of underreported news. And I certainly hope to be doing more of that in the future. Though I certainly believe that what is currently playing out between Russia, Ukraine, the EU, and the USA is the story with potentially the most wide-ranging impact.

But I do find that I need to be doing a few things a little bit differently than I have been doing the last couple of months. It seems that on a lot of days, four or six or eight hours go by trying to keep ahead of and understanding the events of the day, whether in East Europe, in the Middle East, and the USA, or elsewhere. And that takes away from other things that I really must be paying attention to. So some changes will occur, not because I want them to, but because they have to. Some of these are:
Fewer stories on a daily basis. (But not everyday). Now, this is not necessarily a bad thing. I have been finding myself posting stories that seem to be quite similar to things that I had posted before. This of course works very well for new readers to my blog. But for those who have been visiting for a few weeks, it might seem a bit repetitious. For newcomers to my blog, there is a search function to search through articles posted in the prior weeks and months.
Less pictures. Pictures often have a central role in getting the news out, especially on social media like Facebook and Twitter, but that often seems to take up more time than anything else.
And an occasional day off or two every once in a while.
Of course, you're welcome at any time to submit to me links to stories that may be of interest. You can do this by either posting a comment in the comment section, or submit it directly to me via email. The address is... nobreadcircus4u (at) gmail.com

No bread circus 4u

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments subject to moderation.

Recommended Reading via Amazon



If you're seeking more information about how the world really works, and not how the media would want you to believe it works, these books are a good start. These are all highly recommended.

If you don't see pictures above, you likely have an adblocker running.  If so, here are the links.

1. The Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein
2. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - John Perkins
3. Manufacturing Consent - Edward Herman, Noam Chomsky
4. Gladio - NATO's Dagger at the Heart of Europe - Richard Cottrell
5. Profit Over People - Noam Chomsky
6. Soviet Fates and Lost Alternatives - Stephen Cohen
7. The Divide - American Injustice in the Age of the Wealth Gap - Matt Taibbi

How this works.  Follow one of the links.  Should you decide to buy that item, or any item, I get a small percentage, which helps to maintain this site.  Your cost is the same, whether you buy from my link or not.  But if the item remains in the cart too long, I don't get a thing.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...